Hey y’all – Happy Saturday. I hope your weekend is off to a good start. Mike and I were given a Ninja Foodi as an early wedding gift and we have definitely been putting it to use. Tonight, we decided to use the pressure cooker feature and made some shredded chicken. We are going back to meal prepping for the week. I just LOVE meal prepping.
What’s so great about meal prep?
- It saves time
- It saves money
- It keeps your nutrition on track
- You know exactly what ingredients are in your food.
- It’s great for food allergies
This week, we bought two pounds of chicken breast to make shredded chicken. We are absolute suckers for salad/grain bowls so we decided to make our own.
Here’s what I got for the bowls this week:
- Path of Life Quinoa and Kale
- Beets – full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin c
- Zucchini squash – low carb with vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, potassium and fiber
- Red onion – anti fungal, anti microbial with a ton of antioxidants
- Green pepper – low-carb with tons of vitamin C, some potassium and a high water content
- Tessamae Avocado Ranch – no gum, no sugar, no artificial ingredients. DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
- Raw walnuts – contains healthy fats like omega-3’s; other nutrients are vitamin B6, copper, phosphorus, vitamin E and more
- Mixed salad greens
- Violife Vegan Feta Cheese – GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, DAIRY-FREE; enriched with vitamin B12
How did we prepare the chicken?
We put one cup of water in the pressure cooker and I added some Lono Life Keto Chicken broth to the water. I put chili lime seasoning on top with some Himalayan salt. It took 10 minutes of cook time and some time for it to pressurize before cooking!
Y’all, it was so good. I’m so glad we will have this for the week. I’m still recovering from back surgery. By mid-day, my energy levels are super low so convenience is definitely necessary right now – and so is balanced nutrition.
This salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.
As always, thank you for reading